Basarab Family MembersEdit
- Mircea Basarab: eldest brother
- Vlad Dracul: middle brother
- Radu Basarab: youngest brother
Character / Personality / Traits Edit
- family was famous for charisma 
Family History Edit
Mircea's younger brothers Vlad and Radu were in Adrianople as hostages—the Ottoman sultan didn't trust their father to honor a treaty otherwise—Mircea encountered a vengeful gypsy. She hated his father for seducing and then throwing aside her sister, who'd been Dracula's mother, so she cursed Mircea with vampirism. The idea was to end the family line, since a vampire can't father children and everybody had assumed that the hostages weren't coming back. But she actually did him a favor. Shortly thereafter, Hungarian assassins working with some local nobles captured, tortured and buried him alive, something that might have been a real problem if he hadn't already been dead. Under the circumstances, it was more an inconvenience than anything else.
- "I couldn't believe that even Pritkin was unaware of what had happened to Dracula, and Mircea himself had been almost caught and killed many times in the early years. Radu, his younger brother, had not been so lucky. He had been taken by a mob in Paris and delivered to the Inquisition. They had tortured him for well over a century, until, when Mircea finally found and freed him, he was dangerously mad. Radu had been locked away ever since."
Tony boasted about his connection to the famous Dracula line at every opportunity, and had portraits of all three brothers on the wall of his throne room. He had been made not by Vlad III Tepes, the Dracula of legend, but by the great man's elder brother, Mircea.
Book References Edit